Tuesday, January 13, 2004

"...but Kylie," I said, "they all have 3 leaves"

Happy Tuesday.

Michelle has taken the kids to Huntley & is popping in to see Juliet, so it's just Eric & I this evening.

He was studying but is currently shooing some stray lambs off Michelle's veg plot.

I am taking advantage of the unexpected p & q by catching up on the pooter.

It was very difficult to go back to work on Monday after what was one of the best days off
I have had in a very long time. It truly felt like I was on my hols & when the alarm went off Mon
morning, I couldn't have been more dismayed.

Kylie & I have been swapped on to the same weekend day off (Sunday), so we have resolved
to 'do something' each Sunday. This is harder than it sounds, as the temptation to flop, inert
by the pool, is huge.

This Sunday, we decided to flop inert, at Waterworld at Te Rapa.

Although not quite as groovy as the advert would have you believe, it was still a good day out.

We did wimmin, went on the hydroslides, had a salt spa & dozed lots.

At 5pm we headed off to Cambridge to go on the 'CamJet'. This was a very sexy red speedboat
which blasts up & down the Waikato, as far as the Karapiro dam & back. The driver/pilot (?)
chucks in some 360's as well as being incredibly skilled at throwing the boat around & all
4 of us (Naomi & Agnes came as well) had a blast.

At the end of the ride, soaking wet & thoroughly exhilerated I asked him

'Can I have a go now please ?'

He explained how expensive it was to have them recovered from waterside trees.

No faith some people.

I have lots of foties & will e-mail them to Stan shortly, however, he is without his laptop
so I don't know if/when he will receive them.

Kylie is planning for us to go white water rafting this Sunday, which is something I have
always yearned to do. I'll let you know how it goes.

Also on the agenda, is wimming with dolphins. Natasha & Claire went this weekend to try
& do it at Tauranga, but returned a little crestfallen to say that although the dolphins were
there, they hadn't wanted to approach the boat.

I have to say, I would have been gutted after spending $95, but I suppose that's the chance
you take when the dolphins are truly wild.

I want to relay a story about Kylie.

She has given me permission, so I'm not being mean.

We were scrubbing water troughs in the old colt yards the other day.

I heard a little squeal of delight & saw her put something in her pocket.
When we met at the gates she said excitedly,
'Look what I found' whilst withdrawing something tenderly from her pocket.

'It's a lucky clover' she informed me, holding it out for me to examine.

'See, it has 3 leaves' she continued.

At this point, I was in a bit of a dilemma.

Did I ruin it & tell her or risk letting her embarass herself by telling other people too.

She saw the hesitation on my face & asked 'Wasn't I impressed ?' with what she'd found.

'But Kylie' I said, 'they all have 3 leaves'

I felt like I was telling a 4 year old that there's no Santa.

Luckily, Kylie saw the funny side of it & en route back to the yard she picked many, many more to
check I wasn't winding her up. Bless. Today was a very enjoyable day.

No injuries, lovely weather, got to play with the water-blaster.
Put travelling boots on all the neddies without any of them jumping on my head.

Hope wherever you are, whatever you're doing, your day was as good.

Cx

Bill - Could you text me your mobile no please ?
My new fone has dumped lots of my numbers, yours included. Ta.

Weeny - loved the story about the fairy lifeboatman, I too would have been suspicious about the boots.
Was Jay's plane expensive ?

All the gurlies - overdue e-mail to follow to bring you up to date.

No comments: