Thursday, August 14, 2003

Hi Guys,

Just a quickie to let you know my travel arrangements.

I am sorry if I have overlooked any tx msgs from you but I have been busy booking
ferries/hire cars/motels/blagging lifts/updating hosts etc.

I travel on the 2.15pm Interisland Lynx ferry from Picton on Saturday.

Mal is giving me a lift to Picton.

No doubt Trish will arrange a ticker-tape parade for my farewell.

Upon arrival in Wellington I pick up my hire car & travel North.

I have to drop off the rental in Auckland so thought it would be a good time to
hook up with Bill & hold him to one of those 'If there's anything I can do for you while you are over here favours"

I am hoping Bill will be able to give me a lift from Auckland to Matamata (some 2 hours
I understand) I say hoping because he doesn't actually know yet. We were speaking on the phone a few minutes ago & he had to go 'lock someone up' Kiwi-job-speak for 'arrest'

The last couple of days have been, as you can imagine, very odd.

I can't begin to tell you how much has happened so I hope that, if Eric & Michelle don't mind me hi-jacking their pooter for a whole day, I will update you with all the goings-on when I arrive in Matamata.

I am tremendously sad to leave Marfell Downs & my good friends here but at the same time if I never saw certain people again, it would be too soon.

Looking forward to not having to walk on eggshells in my daily life.

If I don't get chance to update Blog before leaving Saturday, farewell South Island until I come back to explore properly.

Wonder if Trish will put me up ?

Cx

ps. Made my 2nd lamb today.

No comments: