Saturday, August 30, 2003

No more Prodigy jokes pleeeeeease ????

The best one so far is from Bill who suggested I may want to help British Gas
rekindle their advertising campaign.

Remember their phrase 'Come home to a real fire ...'

I don't think anyone will beat that but feel free to try.

He also suggested we have song titles & has got the ball rolling with

'Come on baby light my fire'

Hot Hot Hot - Arrow
Disco Inferno - Cue Briggsy manic running around
Beds Are Burning by Midnight Oil
Burn by Nine Inch Nails
Burn by Cure
Burn Down The Mission by Elton John
Burn for You by Inxs
Burn Hollywood Burn by Public Enemy
Burn Out by Ash ( double points for that one )
Burned by Barenaked Ladies ( double points for that one
Burning down the house - T. Heads
No Smoke Without Fire by Wishbone Ash ( triple points on that one )
The Unforgettable Fire by U2 ( APT )


I have just come back from Matamata. I dropped off 4 crates of beer for the chaps
& grovelled profusely.

The door was opened by a gorgeous, sleepy-looking 'young man'

I apologised for waking him & said 'You know that fire you attended on Thursday night -
I'm the buerk that started it & these are for you & your mates for saving my hide
for turning up so promptly'

Lunch-time now - will finish this later.



No comments: