Sunday, February 06, 2005

Layzee weekend.

I can’t remember the last time I had such a thoroughly unproductive weekend. My plans for neddy pestering went out of the window & I can’t honestly say I minded. The sum total efforts of my weekend have been to wash the throws for the sofa & to tidy & clean my bedroom. I thought that as I was going to be spending a lot of time in bed, my room needed to be clean.

Last night saw the hard-core of Andy, Milky & I going to Oceana’s. We were joined by Phil who pronounced himself disgusted at the music & the antics of the club-goers. We smiled tolerantly at him, as one does with an elderly relative who complains that they ‘can’t hear the words’ on Top of The Pops any more. Despite this, Phil stayed almost to the end, not because he wanted to, but because he couldn’t find his way out. It was considered a real test of fortitude for Phil ; when we went to the same club for my birthday, he paid his entrance fee, took one look at the queue to check in coats & promptly left.

Andy has been away from VK on a course and then he missed the early turns due to a stinking cold so we had a lot of catching up to do in the pub.

We stayed at the pub much longer than we had intended & it wasn’t until after midnight that we wended our way to Oceana’s. I had skipped dinner & seem to remember demanding chicken (it must be a Pavlovian response to alcohol, but it’s the only fast food I ever crave) so we stood outside eating our spoils with Andy crying because ‘You try eating chicken wings that are this ‘ot’. I then had to dodge Miky’s attentions with the lemon towelette as he was intent on wiping my face with it far too vigorously for my liking.

Once inside the club, the night followed the predictable pattern.

At one point I challenged Milky to copy the female podium dancer whilst I imitated the male across the other side of the dance floor. He was making a decent job of it too until she leapt in the air, did the splits & landed on the horizontal banister, legs akimbo & continued to writhe & gyrate. Milky complained of shrapnel & suggested he copy the male from then on.

All too soon the night was over & we awaited the complimentary Beemer courtesy of Jim. Jim wisely decided against letting me drive, despite my assurances that ‘it would be fine’. Problem is the zorst is just so fruity that it’s a very difficult car to be a passenger in. Perhaps if I let him borrow Henry ? Actually scrub that, he wouldn’t be able to handle the raw power. Or the embarrassment when Henry lovingly refuses to relinquish the driver at the end of the journey.

Happy Birthday lovely Angie

Friday was lovely Angie’s birthday & 6 of us accompanied her to ‘La Barbe’ in Reigate. The food was excellent and just as importantly to me, the service was outstandingly good. After Angie’s health scare last year it was wonderful to see her looking so good & as ever she was on cracking form. I suspect part of her glow could be attributed to a new admirer. I’m saying nothing more than that for fear of jinxing her but if he shapes up as the form promises, I may hopefully see my lovely friend with the kind of guy she really deserves (Please, please, please.) Tonight we re-group to see Oceans 12 in Wimbledon. The reviews I’ve read have all been scathing but any film with that much eye candy just has to be seen anyway.


I had planned to visit the gym today for the 1st time since November but alas now it’s too late. Oh dear.

Tomorrow ‘man comes’ to look at pooter.

I can hardly wait.

And just to clarify my earlier entry, I don’t want testes per se, I just want them so that I can then understand (& fix) my own pooter problems.

Cx

Murray,

I have written the letter I promised, it will be posted tonight & in a mere 10 days you will be up to speed on all the news.

Milky NZ,

Sorry I missed your tx, I didn’t see it until you would have been asleep. I will be back later on tonight (your Mon morning) or around Mon morning (your Mon eve) after ‘man has been’ . Will tx you the number. Hope you’re ok ?

Trudes,

Enjoy Goring, I hope it makes you all better.

No comments: