Saturday, May 28, 2005

Spirit Horse

A couple of weeks ago, I browsed through the posters & prints available on Murray's blog. I've been promising myself a little something from there ever since I first started reading it.

I have, after a long time, narrowed it down to 4, but wanted to initially order just one to get an idea of the quality of the paper used.

You may have noticed the background to my recently refurbished blog is 'Spirit Horse'. This shot came about because when I visited Muz (he loves being called Muz) last November we used to pass 2 horses in a paddock on the way back to his.

I asked if he would photograph the horses & blog them once I'd returned to the UK. Spirit Horse was the result and was the first poster sized print I ordered.

I was pleased to see Zazzle (the company Muray uses) had used lovely thick paper & thought the print deserved a little more than a clip frame so I took it to The Gentle Gallery in Dorking where we pored for ages over the best mount & frame for it.

I settled for soft grey cartridge paper with a thin black line on the leading edge, finished with a slim, brushed silver frame and covered with non-glare glass.

The picture was my thank you to myself from the overtime I did for the tsunami & I'm very happy with it.

The photos don't really do it justice Murray, but here it is ...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Thank you.

Cx

No comments: