Monday, November 17, 2003

Part II

I have just read 16 e-mails. How lovely, fankuverymucheveryone.

Yesterday was a very disjointed day which passed in a bit of a blur.

Bed at 0300 after going out Sat night.
Up at 0600
Worked until 0900
Went home, bed between 1100 & 1200
Back to work for foal-watch from 1300 - 1500
Finished off at work & home again for 1700.
Got into bed for 2nd nap at 1800, planned to get up at 1900
to enjoy build-up for Engtland - France game.

Awoken at 2155, having slept thru my alarm, by Michelle, with cup of
tea asking if I was planning on watching the game ?

So, I got my 8 hours in 3 separate stints & felt very odd for it,
a bit quick-changeover Stan. It was all worth while though as Saturday
was a very good night.

I showed the young uns how to shake a tail-feather much to their amusement.
They call me 'Mum' & the 'appropriate adult' & were amazed that I knew not
only the actions but also all the words to House of Pain's 'Jump around'

Classic.

The DJ was very good, much better than the MoR band they usually
have on a Saturday night. For a change, there was room on the dance-floor
too, thanks to the fact that half of the pub left in disgust after the All-Blacks
were beaten by the Wallabies.

If you have ever wondered what real silence is like, you only have to be
in a Kiwi pub following a defeat by Australia. It was quite unnerving.

Needless to say, I have wound Dean up no end & am looking forward to my
KFC lunch tomorrow. Wish I had taken him up on his $100 bet now.

2 more new girls have started at work in the last few days.

Agnes who is Hungarian (I think I mentioned her the other day ?)
& Bronwen, another Aussie. After showing Agnes the ropes today, I have
a feeling she may not stay. She asked me today how well insured I was
working with the colts ?

Bronwen has fitted in immediately, cheerful & talkative, she appears very at ease.

Today was a very enjoyable day at work, just the one injury, poor Clare was
jumped on by a colt on the walker. He raked his hoof down the back of her right
leg, peeling the skin off from knee to ankle. She has a very impressive bruise
there already. Millie is away today & tomorrow & Ledge (Andrew) has been
in charge. The atmosphere has been much more pleasant & Ledge makes
a refreshing change from Millie. He is easy to understand, relaxed & even
says 'please' & 'thank-you'. He must not have read the management handbook.

Off to bed now as I have a few bits to get ready before tomorrow,

If I haven't replied to your e-mail tonight (or recently) then please
bear (bare- Di ?) with me. Unlikely to be any Blog tomorrow night
as I am foal-watch. Only 9 mares left the foal now, the last is due on
December 2nd.

Until Wednesday, ttfn,

Cx




No comments: