Friday, December 19, 2003

Him

We went to see Him last night.

No superlatives I can employ can do justice to the film.

I will say that it is, for me, the benchmark, for all other action films now.

The battle scenes were mind-blowing in their complexity.

2 scenes to look out for are the beacons in the mountains & Legolas
taking out the fighting elephant.

I found it very emotional & remembered how films 1 & 2 played such
a pivotal role in my arrival in Zeeland.

At the end, as Frodo is summing up his adventures & his return to his everyday
life he muses to himself 'How can I pick up the threads of a normal life ?'

How indeed ?

Stan met some of my friends from the stud. Dean & Natasha, Agnes & Naomi &
of course, Kylie. It would be fair to say they hit it off. They laughed & joked
non-stop during the drive to Te Awamutu. Poor Kylie listened in bemused
wonder, as Stan rattled away 19 to the dozen.

After a quick KFC in a beautiful ickle park, where Stan regaled the girls with
tales of his adventures we made our way to the cinema.

Hitman, Stan took the following just to prove there is no club-foot or hunch.



Quite the contrary, I think you will agree.

Was my description accurate ?

Before long, we were seated, ice-creams in hand & agog with anticipation.



Agog


I must away for now, we plan to do some last minute Xmas shopping in
Cambridge tomorrow, after I work in the morning.

Blog entries are likely to be shorter whilst Stan is here, as it's more fun
to speak with him, than to type about him.

Mummie was due to be released home on Thursday, this has now been
put back to Friday. This means I can ring her at home tomorrow

Sorry if this is a little flat, i am just exhausted 7 desperate for a lie-in.
As wonderful as the weather has been, it is very tiring to work in.

Newsflash.

The goldfinch nesting on my deck has hatched her eggs.
Desperate to look at the babies but worried Mum may disappear
if the nest is disturbed. The suspense is killing me.

Foties to follow.

Take care all,

Cx







No comments: