Friday, December 12, 2003

'She's sleeping now ...'

Think French & Saunders, doing Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.

I rang the hospital at 0600 this morning (5pm UK time) to be told
that Mum was still in theatre & to call back in an hour.

The next time I was able to call was at 0750 & she had just come
back to the ward. The nurse was lovely, but details were a little
sketchy as I was calling from my mobile & had to talk whilst walking
between jobs.

The nurse said the op had gone well & Mum was asleep.
I asked her to tell Mum that I had called & I will call again this
evening & hope to catch her awake.

Thanks again for all the supportive texts & e-mails over the past 24 hours.

You are a top bunch.

Off for a bath now as I stink.

Loads to tell, will do it tomorrow as I have a day off.

After the world's longest lie-in.

Until later,

Cx




No comments: