Sunday, April 16, 2006

Ding dong bell, Pussy's in the well ...

er no, the upturned bath actually.

If someone asked you if I was an aminal lover you'd answer yes wouldn't you ?

If someone asked you if I would deliberately cause distress to say ... a kitten, you'd say no, wouldn't you ?

Wrong.

There was an older kid who lived on King Street called Peter Bolton.

Us younger kids used to go along with his daft ideas, because he was cool by virtue of the fact that he was older.

One of his ideas was to keep a little tabby kitten we found. She can't have been older than
8 weeks. We put her overnight under an upturned tin bath in a nearby car scrapyard so
that she'd be there in the morning. It didn't occur to me that we shouldn't, just that it would be nice to have our own kitten.

In the early evening two distraught young women came knocking door to door asking after their kitten and faced with their distress I had to lead them to where the poor creature was incarcerated.

I was subsequently excluded from the gang as punishment.

My name is not Earl and I trapped a kitten under a tin bath.

Cx

ps Angie - you don't have to come here any more if you don't want to.

No comments: