Thursday, April 27, 2006

'Whatsisname ?'

This is an exchange I heard yesterday at work whilst in the Control Room. The two parties were our Chief Inspector in charge of operations and the early turn Controller. The Controller is the person who organises the response to your 999 calls.

CI Ops ... Any word On David Cameron ?
Controller ... Who ?
CI Ops ... David Cameron - he's on a walkabout in the town today, any word on how it's going ?
Controller ... Who ?
CI Ops (speaking slowly now) Da-vid Ca-mer-on. You know - the politician.
Controller ... Who ?
CI Ops ... Erm, the youngest ever leader of the Conservative party, you know the one who was voted the leader just recently ?
Controller ... Should I know who he is ?
CI Ops (Not sure if the last question is a joke) Erm, well, I suppose not really, if you don't have any interest in politics
Controller ... I don't have any interest in politics.
CI Ops ... Right. Ok, carry on ... erm.

Controller (to me some 5 minutes later ) Ooh look what the CI Ops has sent me ... it's a photo of that whatsisname.

Me ... (silence)

Cx

No comments: