Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Tonight Eric & I were left to fend for ourselves yet again.

Short on ideas for a healthy meal we treated ourselves to
steak, home-made 'proper' chips & 2 fried eggs. Yum.

I reckon I deserve it after doing the hardest physical labour I have ever experienced today. We had to prepare 10 stables with deep shavings for the beginning of the season.

I dug & filled wheelbarrows from 1pm til 4.30pm continuously. I can't imagine how stiff I'll be tomorrow.

Only a scalding hot bath with lots of Dettol (for the sores on my hands) made me feel human again before dinner.

Today was another gloriously sunny day (3 now for those of you who are counting) & a thoroughly enjoyable one to be outside. The sparrows are nest-building & I love having a job that enables me to be able to watch them :)

First piece of 'work goss' today. Allie has been told by Trina that she can no longer lead the yearlings. This is because Trina considers her 'stick-happy' & this close to the sales cannot afford the horses to be going up there 'head-shy'

Although I agree with Trina I did feel for Allie today. She cried when Trina told her & it must be embarrassing for her when there are lots of new people starting & she has to explain why she can't lead the horses.

No babies born last night which is surprising considering the fine weather.

On that note, congrats Bill & Linda who have just had Lawrence III, a baby girl. I wish I could remember her name but I can't & I have misplaced my fone so will tell you the name when I find it.

I have more to tell but I really have to cut this short as I am desperate for my bed. I will take the camera tomorrow & see if I can get some shots. I know Hadders is desperate to see his name-sake !

Good-Night & thanks to the person responsible for the very long, lovely, chatty e-mail. Will have a think about the time-travel poser & reply in the next couple of days when I am feeling more awake.

Cx






No comments: