Saturday, May 29, 2004

And lo, it came to pass that she who was sought by HIM came to live in Upper Norwood

Do you think they sell geographias of SE19 in Middle Earth ?

There are lots of different ways to say 'hello' aren't there ?

There is the 'hello' which says

'I really don't like you & I've been hoping you wouldn't see me at this social setting but now you have I'll bare my teeth in my nearest approximation of a smile'

There is the 'hello' which says

'I've been saying horrible things about you at the Wild West Night, but now you've said hello to me, I am forced to return the greeting' (Mr Tanner ?)

There is the 'hello' which says

'I am at Surbiton BR Station at midnight, I feel slightly threatened by your drunken, aggressive overtures but am determined not to show it, so will return your hello, so that you don't take offence'

There is the double hello eg. 'Hello, HELLO ?'

The first is a general greeting in a slightly bleary-eyed fashion. The second acknowledges that there is a friend standing on your doorstep at 10.30 & she seems to be labouring under the misapprehension that you were expecting her to come & put several crates of belongings in your loft. You, meanwhile are standing in your dressing gown, wishing they would bugger off & let you enjoy a well-deserved day off. Being a lovely person though, not only do you invite them in, but you make them tea, then assist humping said crates from the car into your loft. You don't even break a smile when their lifelong collection of Horse & Hound breaks fromthe confines of a collapsible plastic box (collapsible at a very inopportune time, I hasten to add)causing serious subdural haematoma to the poor unfortunate underneath the collapsible plastic box.

Oh how we didn't laugh, because that would have been cruel.

Best quote of the day yesterday ?

Without a doubt, Mr Duddy, whilst suffering heat exhaustion from the confines of his loft whence he had been banished to become 'Receiver Of Many Plastic Boxes' who quoth the following whilst browsing afore-mentined 'Horse & Hound'

'I can't come down yet, I'm just learning how to treat tapeworm induced colic'

Peeing your pants funny, when you're hot sweaty & exhausted.

Mr Duddy, you're a class act.

Goodness, it feels good to write.

I don't know how often I'll be able to though, I don't have time to go into details as I need to go to Leith Hill to collect bike gear (story for another time) suffice it to say, Trude's pooter displays the same wilful traits as Michelle's CD player.

And so,I must away, with huge thanks to all the people who gave up very large chunks of their time to assist me with move no 37 (I think, starting to lose count, have to check). It's been said before, but it bears repeating, I have some great friends.

Bye for now, may try to post later, after work, if poooter is feeling obliging.

Cx

Love to Hellifield x

No comments: