Sunday, May 23, 2004

So here's how it works ?

I don't write & you lot put more comments than when I do ????

Work that one out.

I've obviously been giving you too much.

For now, I am cold (I am always cold recently) I am tired & really neeeed to be in
beesies because I am meeting Cocky to ride out a 10am tomorrow which means no long lie-in
& here I am writing as I can't bear the thought of Mummeh logging on again, rewardless.

I think it would be jolly dull if I wrote 'ate, slept & worked' for the last 7 days of night duty Blog, so I intend to spare you.

So just some random thoughts for the time being. And some hellos.

The hellos 1st.

Mummeh .. Have you been walkies yet ? How was it ? Did you love her & hug her & call her
George ? I am around Tuesday evening & would love a catch-up call if you get
chance. Will tx you the landline number here. (Back at Di's, not Weeny's any
more)

Milky ... Flippin' eck love, where do I start ? Horrible isn't it ?
Examining who you are, what you want, where you're up to.
I won't offer any of the usual 'time's a great blah blah'
Here's how it is. It will suck for quite a long time. Then it won't.
You won't really notice the transition from one to the other & the 1st
phase will last longer than you expect.
I never thought I would 'yay' someone who left a farming job, but in your
circumstances, completely understandable.
As for looking after the elderly. I couldn't. I'm not up to it.
I'm glad people like you can.
Same goes for mental illness, thank goodness for people like Joe.

Tanners...Sorry I missed your call this morning. I quite often ignore Di's landline
but if you tx ahead, I promise to get my fat, lazy ar5e out of bed & answer.
I looked at some photos of you all the other day (1st time I've been able to)
& thought 'I used to live with those people'. Roll on November.
You are excelling yourself with Blog, I have felt dreadfully out of the loop.
I adore the picture of the alpha male who 'slots for fun', asleep with
a ickle scrap of a kikken snoozing on his chest. All together now ... aaah.
Alice, your quote about catching, killing, cleaning & eating your own trout
made me soooo proud. Robyn & Richard's position ? Yes please, like a shot,
will e-mail you properly on Tuesday, suspect the NZ Govt would be fussy about
visas & stuff. We'll see.

Bloo ... Gurning like an old pro with Alf Stewart ? You sell-out. I thought I knew you.
'wouldn't want to talk about me all the time'; very cruel, very funny.
ps. I am in the cack, will explain all when you ring next ($2 ? bargain)

Hx ... What can I say ? I knew I'd like you. You are more top than a top hat on the
top shelf in a big top. Now put the kettle on & make us a cup o' rosy, you
caaaaaaaaah !

Stan ... I read your Blog. Some of it is almost upbeat ! You went outside on a day
off ! How can you be pale & interesting & Morrissey-like when you have a red
head ? What could possibly have influenced you to go outside ? I wonder.

Bill ... Thanks for understanding.

Weeny ... If I have judged this right you should be sitting down to read this, looking
drop dead gorgeous with a tan & wearing something white, on purpose.
Have e-mailed you about a quiet night in with Rich-Tea & Horlicks.

Angie ... Hope it went away ?

VGC :)

So, those random thoughts I promised.

I am very unsettled at the moment. Not just the UK thing, but as it stands, I have belongings in Hersham at Di's & at Leith Hill, at Stu's old place. I HATE not knowing where anything is & this feeling of living 'on the move' hate it, hate it hate it.

Cannot over-emphasise how much I hate it.

Can you imagine what this feeling of day-to-day randomness does to someone who has to untwist the coils on a telephone wire so they fall perfectly, BEFORE they can answer a call ? Luckily, the end is in sight, in the form of a flat-share in Kingston.

I am awaiting a final say on whether the flat is available early June or early July & I don't expect to feel myself until I move (no.35) & settle there. I have to leave Di's before the 31st May, so that's one more deadline to cram into my hot, little brain. You cannot imagine how strong my nesting instinct is at the moment. No, not kids, I thought you knew me ? Just the urge to have some familiarity & routine. Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

As ever, feel better for having written. Slightly purged you might say.

Thanks for waiting, more news in a more ordered format to come over the next few days.

Cx








No comments: