Saturday, May 01, 2004

'Sometimes I look up high & I think there might, just be a better life,
Away from all we know, that's where I wanna go, out on the wild side
And I wish I was a wild west hero'


Mock if you will, but those lyrics, in that song by ELO, encapsulate everything about what I want from life.

Difficult when you have caught the train at Surbiton, but at least know I have a game plan & I know what I want to do
when I am a growed-up.

Now here's a test of willpower.

Fast car, motorway & cd loader stacked with Prince, trance, ELO, & Puccini.

I know cd's in cars are commonplace now, but they are still a novelty for me & I struggle to think of a finer combination
of sensory pleasures than good, loud music & driving a responsive car.

I used to listen to cd's on the motorbike, but stoppped because life's too short & I feared I would kill myself
when I listened in particular, to The Prodigy. I also thought it was probably sensible to be able to hear the
blaring horns of car drivers & screams of terrified pedestrians.

I succumbed only once or twice & arrived in Yorkshire at 0030, some 4 & a half hours after setting off.

If I'm honest, I was too tired to drive, but didn't fancy explaining to Mummeh, that after a year away,
I would now be arriving a day later than planned.

My hug at the doorway was the confirmation, if any was required, that driving tired was worth while.
But don't do it yourselves, kids.

Thanks to Stuart, I have the use of a Nissan 200SX for the visit to Yorkshire & jolly nice it is too.
I love the way it looks, it harks back to the days when cars were distinguishable from each other &
looks like a pumped bicep (to my sex-crazed eyes anyway)

I listened to the Dido 'Touch my Hand' track for the 1st time since arriving in the UK. I had been concerned that the memories
that go with this track might not be lodged firmly in the hard drive. I need not have worried. A couple of bars in & I
was duplicating the Cape Reinga drive. The 3.17 secs drums kick, came in at 3.18 on Stu's cd but it's there nevertheless.

I know most people sing when they're driving but do you dance too ? I do.
Very small movements admittedly but how can you not dance to Prince?

Special request, please Stan, when you (assumption on my part here) start to think about doing the music for Old Boys,
could you please, please, please include the following Prince tracks ?

Little Red Corvette aka Big Green Nissan
U got the look
I would die 4 u

& my ultimate axe-solo special

Let's go crazy.

This would of course, blow my chances of appearing in the slightest normal to the Dukies, but at least they'll have
something at which to point & laugh.

I have just noticed that the date has been wrong on Blog for the past few days, I know I didn't write yesterday
but there's an entry there anyway, must try & rectify.

I have also noticed that this entry darts around like a hummingbird on acid, I will try & put it in some kind of order.

Must go now, Barley is fed up & mumbling to herself that she wants a walk & I ought to go commune with water.

Cx



No comments: