Monday, June 21, 2004

'I'm like a bird, I'll only fly away ...'

trilled the lovely Nelly Furtado.

It wouldn't sound as wistfully sweet in a song I know, but I have come to the conclusion that 'I'm like a fish' & to carry on the simile I suppose it would have to be 'I'll only swim away'

I see the bait, I tentatively sniff the bait & eventually, when I am convinced there can be no harm, I, with the utmost caution, start to taste the bait.

Then it comes, the tiniest hint of the barb of the hook & I spit the whole lot out & dash for the safety of the reeds.

The memory of being hoisted, high, dry & without oxygen is still much more potent than I had realised.

On a slightly less self-indulgent note, my mobile phone took a dunking yesterday. It didn't like it.
I will be without a mobile until the beginning of July, so if you've texted me & I haven't replied, that's why.

Cx


No comments: