Sunday, December 12, 2004

'Your modem is already in use by another source'

... or so my screen at home tells me.

So here I am in an Internet Cafe with common people :(

Lats night someone at work asked me

'What's the nicest thing a boyfriend's ever done for you ?'

I told them to sod off & mind their own business cos I'm like that at work.

The I got to thinking.

I can only narrow it down to 2, both by the same person, which says something.

The 1st was when he arranged my surprise 30th birthday party and it actually WAS a surprise. Right up until the point when I recognised Angie's car in the restaurant car park. I'm a bit sad in as much as I remember number plates you see. Have you ever been to a party where everyone there has turned up as a surprise ? Wonderful.

The other was a surprise trip to Verona for an anniversary.

He packed a bag (with appropriate clothing too) & my passport & it was only when we arrived at the airport that I knew we were going anywhere. We went to the opera at an outdoor amphitheatre. It was wonderful up until the point where the gurly cast quit due to the torrential rain. Weather conditions aside, a fantasticaly thoughtful gesture.

So (you're ahead of me aren't you ?)

What I want to know is, what's the best surprise you've had from a partner ?

Please, no 'baby' answers because it's a cop-out. I want to know about a 'something' rather than a 'someone'. Clear ? Good.

Work was fantasticaly busy on Friday night, then very quiet last night.

Score so far ? Burglars - 0 Old Bill - 1


Cx

ps. 'I'm sorry I haven't a clue' returned to Radio 4 today, it's so good I set the alarm for midday to listen. That's why I'm awake now. Do me a favour - listen to it, just once.

No comments: