Friday, February 20, 2004

'...can you believe I miss the little blighters ?

Yes, Cocky, I do get all your e-mails & texts, I'm just too disorganised/lazy/rubbish
to reply to all the e-mails I get. I do reply to your txs though, so I'm a bit upset to
hear you don't get the replies.

It's lovely to hear that Kerry says she needs help with June's neddies.

You know what it's like when you go away, you imagine that your shoes have been more
than amply filled by someone else. Does it sound very feeble to say that it's good to
hear people other than my best buddies haven't forgotten me ? Plus which, I miss CB
& even mad Hannah.

I was thinking about this whilst I was walking around 'CountDown' car park this evening.
I'm a relatively bright person & yet I struggle with the concept that in the UK, life goes
on as normal. Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not being egocentric & saying that
the UK should be moth-balled & all my friends be 'paused'.

It's just that I think, often, about what you're all up to & it's very hard to imagine.

Anyway Cocky, glad to hear Snips has recovered from his colic, I can imagine him being a lousy patient.

Work felt very different today. We finished early & that usually means I drive home to the Tanners
for a special treat of an early cup of tea. The normal routine then is that I am assailed
by the girls, the moment I step through the door.

They are full of school stories, showing me projects or displaying new gym/dance moves.
It doesn't matter if they have already told Michelle & Eric, they hate to feel I'm missing out.

My usual response is to tell hem to 'b***er off' until I have had my cup of tea.

They cheerfully disregard me & persist in telling their news

Today, after finishing, I came to the staff house & unloaded the truck. I then had a shower, read a couple
of magazines & went grocery shopping. $186 ?!? I only went for catfood, conditioner, toothpaste, bread & milk.
I should have been relishing the p & q & the grown-up me-time, but can you believe
I miss the little blighters ? Me neither.

I had lovely hugs from both of them last night. Kids, am I finally getting it ?
No, don't be silly, but I can just 'do' kids these days.

I think it helps that some of the kids at MF were such gits. By comparison, any other child is
positively angelic.

I felt a bit down & introspective whilst shopping today. Something about supermarkets brings out the
'What have I got to show for my 35 year old life ?' What is it about being surrounded about groceries
that does that to me ?

I once left my full shopping basket at Safeways, Crystal Palace in floods of tears,
convinced that an overly-officious security guard though I was a thief.
The reason I had been meandering around in a trance, was because I
was doing my usual 'What have I achieved...?' after ending a relationship.

This is starting to get a bit LA,

Time for storms & tractors

The storm hit us at 0200 & it was very scary. It raged for over an hour & I remember thinking
poor Watties I wonder if she's frightened ?' before going back to sleep.

Surprisingly, there were no new trees down this morning, which was fortunate as we still had a
shedload to clear from Saturday. On Thursday I was honoured to drive Big Blue & do uppy-downy
with the forks whilst Murray stood on them & did choppy choppy with the chainsaw.
I suffered a badly-timed hand spasm & Murray did droppy droppy, plummeting a good 4' in less than a second.

Thank goodness he was holding onto the bar of the forks to support himself & that the chainsaw was turned off
He even saw the funny side & was convinced I did it deliberately 'as a joke'.

Heading off now, as I am working tomorrow, then going to the rodeo at Kihikihi.

The Tanners. Who is Ian, in The Archers, who is causing a stir. Did I miss something ?
Did your folks arrive ok Michelle ? Texted you to say hi to them, don't know
if you got it ? Hi kids.

MTM, Having problems accessing Bread & Marmalade this evening so Bunty may miss some
items of international importance. A rumour has reached NZ that there are plans
afoot to take down the Berlin Wall. Can you clarify ? Thank you for your very kind
comments regarding Q4A, I am shallow enough to enjoy feedback (positive only,
naturally)

Stin Did you get the new caption competition photo ?

Gotta go, Claire needs the line to make a call.

Night all,

Cx




No comments: