Friday, October 24, 2003

Blog Friday 24th October.

More babies at Cedar Lodge today.

Michelle went out this morning to see why ‘brown ewe’ was making such a din.
She suspected she may have caught a foot in a fence.

She arrived just in time to see the 1st twin arrive. Within half an hour twin no2 had arrived. Mum & blah-lambs are hale & hearty. I took the obligatory pic but she was very twitchy with my being so near so the picture is a bit indistinct I am afraid. I will try to see what I can do about enlarging it & post it to Blog later.

I am so tired, I am typing like Bill tonight. He visits tomorrow, must remember to mail him directions after this. If you’re reading this, bring your trunks, if you fancy a dip in the pool. I dangled my legs in today (up to the knee) when it got too hot. Luvverly. Spicy apple muffins do you ?

Have just spoken to a downbeat Q, he is looking at an enforced move to the Ivory Tower aka Information Room. Yeuch.

Poor Col, who will you talk to now ?

Hadders, KW & Hitman & Hearse, who will get Blog to you ?

Perhaps you could get a petition going ?

I was in Matamata again today to get my haircut & to go to the physio. Things are really getting busy, by Matamata standards anyway, the beds were being watered & there are now lots of billboards advertising the Hobbiton tour. The hairdresser told me not to bother with it but the physio said it was worth a look. I’m sure I’ll end up going. An artist was busy at the jewellers in Arawa Street. She was painting a scene from The Two Towers on the window. I suppose Hobbiton burgers & Hobbiton soft drinks will follow as surely as night follows day.

Another welcome to another reader stateside. This time from Cleveland, Ohio. Ella has been reading since August & e-mailed me this morning to say hello. She stumbled across Q4A whilst updating her own Blog. If any of you struggle with my Blog & the oblique references to people by their nicknames, just think how difficult it must be when you have never met any of the motley bunch of characters.
Ella has even used the feedback system within the 1st few days of it being instigated so you lot have no excuse now. Welcome Ella, lovely to hear from you.

I was looking at the new lambs through the noculars this evening.
‘Oh look’ says I, ‘bunny rabbits’
Big mistake.
Before you could shout ‘slot it’ Eric was off at the trot to fetch his .22 rifle.
Seconds later & bunny was despatched. Within half an hour he was gutted, skinned & in a plastic bag en route to the freezer. No Beatrix Potter books in the Tanner household strangely.

Sorry if this is a bit stilted tonight, I am struggling to think straight & my thoughts are wandering.

I sent lots of nice things in the post today. I get as much pleasure from sending things in the post as I do receiving them. I would love to see Mal’s face when he sees the photo of himself.

Michelle is reading to Alice as I type this. Harriette has gone to stay at the Creswells overnight & Alice is feeling a bit lonely. Eric is reading something on the sofa, “Killing & maiming monthly” no doubt.

I feel very bloated after dinner tonight. I did char-grilled chicken fillets in toasted panninis with an avocado & pineapple salsa. Yum. yes you are right Di, I never made that for you … etc.

I will leave you lovely people for now.

I have the feeling that I have forgotten to tell you something.
Must be my age.

Enjoy your long weekend D-team, you deserve it.

Night-night,

Cx






No comments: