Monday, October 13, 2003

A fruitless day today & time here is too precious to waste.

You know what it's like when you're off sick, it's only enjoyable if you can still do the gardening.

I didn't join the Tanners til lunch-time having spent the morning reading & listening to my talking book. I am conscious of the fact that Michelle works from home now & I know how easily I would be distracted if I did. She did say that she wondered if I had collapsed behind locked doors & should she bring me a cup of tea as a welfare check ?

Went to the physio at 5pm & my back has eased off a little so hopefully I'll be back at work before too much longer.

At dinner yesterday evening, 7 yr old Hannah was questioning me as to what my job entailed & how long I was staying in NZ ?

'And are you single ?' she enquired.

'Yes - are you ?' I replied.

'No you're not' piped up Alice 'what about that guy from Lord of the Rings ?'

I had to explain that he was only my boyfriend in my fevered ickle mind.

Mastercard are doing an incredible promotion over here at the moment. I'm not sure what exactly you have to do but it entails spending $100 on your Mastercard. The winner & 4 friends are flown to Wellington to see the world preview of return of the King. Have you seen the poster ? - words fail me. Smouldering perfection

Prior to the movie, you receive a make-over & are driven to the cinema in a stretch limo. There is a party afterwards & you get to mingle with the stars.

This is where the terminology gets difficult as far as I can see.

One person's 'mingle' is surely another person's 'hanging desperately off Viggo's ankle' saying 'I came all this way to meet you & I can drive a tractor & ride a gee & everything-no, please don't call security.'

I went to Warehouse on my way back to get some essentials (stationery) & also to look for a CD. Since not hearing any trance music I have got very into the radio station I listen to in a morning - ZM. Michelle & Eric have just had radio fitted in the car I use for work so I will be able to listen to more now. The morning show is hosted by Polly & Grant, a husband & wife team. Kind of a funky Richard & Judy. She is very dry & witty & he is her foil.

One of the bands I am very into is Linkin Park . I loved the single they released when I was at Marfell Downs which was called 'I will not be ignored' (I think) It was very appropriate for letting off steam when Trish was hacking me off & it was their CD I was looking for. I think they are a US band & very unlike the kind of stuff I listen to normally.

Faint

I am a little bit of loneliness a little bit of disregard
Handful of complaints but I can’t help the fact that everybody can see
these scars
I am what I want you to want what I want you to feel
But it's like no matter what I do, I can't convince you, to just believe
this is real
So I let go, watching you, turn your back like you always do
Face away and pretend that I'm not
But I'll be here cause you want what I've got

(I can't feel the way I did before)
(Don't turn your back on me)
(I won't be ignored)
(Time won't heal this damage anymore)
(Don't turn your back on me)
(I won't be ignored)

I am a little bit insecure a little unconfident
Cause you don't understand I do what I can but sometimes I don't make
sense
I say what you never wanna say but I've never had a doubt
It's like no matter what I do I can't convince you for once just to hear
me out
So I let go watching you turn your back like you always do
Face away and pretend that I'm not
But I'll be here 'cause you’re all that I've got

(I can't feel the way I did before)
(Don't turn your back on me)
(I won't be ignored)
(Time won't heal this damage anymore)
(Don't turn your back on me)
(I won't be ignored)

(Now)
(Hear me out now)
(You're gonna listen to me, like it or not)
(Right now)
(Hear me out now)
(You're gonna listen to me, like it or not)
(Right now)

(I can't feel the way I did before)
(Don't turn your back on me)
(I won't be ignored)

(I can't feel the way I did before)
(Don't turn your back on me)
(I won't be ignored)
(Time won't heal this damage anymore)
(Don't turn your back on me)
(I won't be ignored)

(I can't feel the way I did before)
(Don't turn your back on me)
(I won't be ignored)
(Time won't heal this damage anymore)
(Don't turn your back on me)
(I won't be ignored)

I can't feel
I won't be ignored
Time won't heal
Don't turn your back on me
I won't be ignored



I treated myself to Nirvana's Greatest Hits & also some ELO just in case you thought I had gone completely grunge.

I am also very into Pacifier who are a Kiwi band & now Nickelback having over-looked them earlier. I won't attempt to describe their sound if you haven't heard of any of these bands suffice to say the Coven would be proud of me. Plenty of hair-tossing to be done when my back is ok.

Speaking of hair, mine is very long, having not had it cut for some 5 months now. I can't decide whether it suits me or not & will probably wait til I see a photo as that's the only way I can judge. I plan on having it trimmed when I can sit in a hairdressers seat but will probably carry on growing it. It's the longest I have ever had it & goes with the Linkin Park thang.

I will leave you with a cheery poster I saw amongst the goodies in Warehouse today.

Start shopping beat the rush - only 11 weeks til Christmas

Cx






No comments: