Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Getting away with it ?

I hope you mean getting away from it ?

Gorgeous day today, frosty start as per yesterday.

Sunshine all day & for 2 whole days now which means the rain cycle is finally broken

Today I spent all day assisting Murray with the sheep.

He dagged about 500 ewes & lambs assisted by another chap who turned out to be a farrier as well as a Waikato huntsmen.

Thoroughly nice chap too.

Murray is a lot less quiet with stock than Mike was, hence I came home today reeking & covered in sheep-doings. Still, a nice break away from yearlings who want to dance on your swede.

We have the other half of the mob to do Thursday so I suppose I'll find out then if I was any good today. If Murray asks for my help again then I must have been alright.

He is a very taciturn man, he didn't shout at me for standing in the wrong place & I was glad I'd had the experience with Mike so that I didn't make an ass of myself.

We have 3 babies born today 0100, 1100 & 1500.

The mares have been crossing their legs during the rain & babies have been plopping out left, right & centre since the sun started shining.

My last few hours at work today were spent watching 17 mares & 2 foals.

I won't say the usual, I am sure it is starting to get boring by now.

But it was lovely.

Have to go now, 13 hr day today & I'm beat,

Later,

Cx





No comments: