Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Summer arrived today, with little or no warning.

Yesterday was beautiful but blustery.

Today was absolutely beautiful, hot, still & no rain.

When I got back from the physio today I sat out on the deck in a vest top & shorts & read.

Eric was, as usual, playing with his pool. As soon as he gets back from work he can be found either adding things to the water, subtracting things from the water or scooping detritus from the surface. His dedication to his pool is above & beyond the call of duty.

At least it's a useful hobby which other people can reap the benefits of. Some men build model trains in their lofts or hide in sheds.

Some time later, I was reading when I noticed a furtive, neoprene-clad creature, sneaking through the gate & towards the water. He was soon joined by Harriette & Alice, similarly clad.

To be honest, I am surprised that after all his ministerings to the pool that he allows the children in it.

Judging by Harriette's shrieking the water was flippin' cold.

Now the fencing is finished, the pool is looking very professional, it is galling not to be able to take pictures. I hope to get into Hamilton in the next day or 2 in order to download the pics onto disc.

Speaking of Hamilton. Long time no hear Malc & Justine. How are you & Mac & Goo-Goo ?

Michelle showed much greater sense by gardening. She too had changed into shorts & a vest-top but clung grimly to Kiwi traditions by still wearing her wellies. (I refuse to call them gummies)

My back seems to have regressed a bit & the physio has taped me up again. As he was applying the tape he was clicking as he was bending. I asked for my money back & told him I was deeply suspicious of a 'clicky-physio'

He got his revenge by applying the tape so tightly across my nether regions that I feel I am wearing my buttocks as a knapsack (copyright E.tanner).

2nd doctor's appointment at 10.30am tomorrow to assess my progress.

Posted my parcel to my Mum today so that should be with her soon (10 days or so)
as I arrived home I met the mail-man whom I have never spoken to before.

'Hello Carol' he said cheerily.

I was about to ask him how he knew when it dawned on me.

Right, off to make some pancakes for dessert & e-mail this to Hadders & Cocky.

Only 1 e-mail for me today and that was the usual daily 1 giving the plot synopsis from The Archers. Not even a rambling, incoherent one from Q :(

Hurry back from the States Ange.

Cx




No comments: