Sunday, June 29, 2003

Hellooooo ? (as Tigger shouts when he is lotht in the mitht)

Q, you have surpassed yourself with that foto.

I have come over all unnecessary.

Was ever there such perfection ?

The rain is battering against the windows as I type.

Perfect excuse to stay in & read all day.

I started & finished a book Stuart sent me by Rose Tremaine called "The Colour"

It centres around a woman who goes off to NZ in the 1850's to make her fortune.
She loves the wide open spaces, neddies & digglies & has a racy affair with a chinaman.

Oh well, 3 out of 4's not bad.

Sadly, she does not wear wellies & push a wheelbarrow every day but I think the story could only have improved if she had.

On days like today, when I feel a million miles away from all my chums & England, I appreciate e-mail the most. 3 lovely mails from the girlies, bringing bits of Wimbledon, sunshine & kindness into my day.

Saddest thing I heard this week was that Denis Thatcher had died.
Strangely, only the day before I was discussing him with Trish when we were having a conversation about why the British Press loved to rubbish Cherie Blair.

It's hard when you come from Yorkshire to broadcast that Margaret Thatcher is your heroine. But there - it's out in the open now. I feel for her & her loss. (sorry Mum)

Best thing (apart from BM & Di's news)

Terminator III : Rise of the machines : July 17th

2nd best thing

The All-Blacks beating the cheese-eating surrender monkeys last night.
Fantastic, running, free-flowing game with a referee who wasn't thrilled to hear his own whistle.

Enough for now as you had a large one yesterday-don't want you lot expecting novels everyday.

Cruel to be kind & all that.

Tony - Commiserations-apply again at the 1st available opportunity & just wear them down :)

Cx

ps. Ange, my pig had a long, curly tail - stupid game. :)
pps. Q-could you forward the Delia thing separately to me, Trish likes the sound of it. Ta.

No comments: