Thursday, June 12, 2003

Hi Blighty,

Bit of time to myself before mowing the lawn so, a rare thing - an afternoon Blog session.
It's been very cold here 1st thing these last 2 mornings.

The sort of cold that makes you stay in the shower too long.
Will make a foray to Warehouse tomorrow to see if they do thermals.
What's different about an NZ winter is that it's cold in the morning but as soon as you are in the sun (which arrives @ 7am) it is lovely.
I am just back from riding Fliss in a t-shirt. She backed into an electric fence, not once, not twice, but 3 times todaywhich made for an interesting ride !

Have just had some lunch with Mal & Mike in the lovely, warm, sun-drenched kitchen.
Could cheerfully snatch a nap as I was very late to bed last night (9pm) Chris & Trish were out so I was on child-minding duty.
What fun it is explaining to a 7 yr old exactly WHY they have to go to bed.

Zoe told me the other day that I should settle down, get married & have kids.
I told her that one person can only take so much punishment & that she was the best contraceptive I had ever met.

I am torn as to what to do this weekend.

A bit of me wants to get up early Sat & head off for 2 days walking in Abel Tasman (Dutch guy who claimed New Zealand in 1640) National Park.
A bit of me wants to hang around so that I can see the rugby on Sat with Mal & a bit of me wants to go hunting on Jess on Saturday.

Trish told me this morning that Jess's owners may have a buyer for her so I may be losng my neddy :(

I think the rugby will win out.

I keep having to remind myself that I am here for a year & don't have to charge around the countryside like a headless chicken on my days off trying to see everything.

Altogether now
'One (wo)man went to mow, went to mow a meadow ...'

Cx

No comments: