Friday, June 27, 2003

Right, I am off to do stuff.

Ooh some quickies I almost forgot.

Ange - Glad the blah-lambs aren't boring you.
Mike asked me yesterday if I fancied trying shearing.
I get to practice on a dead one first cos the blades get very hot if
you don't keep them moving & if you are clumsy you can slice off
bits (ooh)
Also, you are not put off by the sheep saying 'Can I just have a bit off the top
please & do you have any more de-caff ?'
Think you should get a tracker fitted to Spike so you can see where he's
going & who's feeding him. Di - this applies to you & Jeeeffreee too.

Stu - Thanks for the parcel, it was worth the wait.
Yorkshire tea bags & Tunnocks, what more could you ask for ?
To make things perfect, as Mal was eating one of the biscuits he read
the wrapper & said 'Is this true ?' Come on all together now ...
'Over 4 million of these biscuits made & sold every week'
He found those figures boggling, that's one biscuit every week for every
one of the population here !

Queenie & Bill - Guess what ?
Rob Clarke is in the Marlborough Express doing the haka in
his police uniform. For any of you that don't know, Rob is the chap who
met Q whilst he was out there earlier this year. He used to police in
Plymouth/Portsmouth (help me out here Q) & has been at the same
training college as Bill in Wellington for the past 11 weeks.
The quote says "British Bobbies become Kiwi cops" & says
"they had loved the course, especially Maori cultural aspects"
Hmmm - not what PC Lawrence told me ?
I am going to mail Rob & send him the photo if he has not already
got one. He is not a small bloke & the picture is truly arresting-
(geddit?)

Trudes - Having sought technical expertise (I asked Q) the e-mail is gone for ever.
He did however suggest sending it snail-mail so I will do that.
I will also send you an e-mail next time I get the pooter to myself during the
week.

If any of you are wondering about the order of the e-mail on Thursday, the beginning is supposed to be where it says 'Buenos Dias' (thanks for help with the spelling Di) As it stands - it doesn't make much sense when it begins 'Things have moved on'

Hopefully my Ed will sort these chunks into proper order for you, when I have typed lots like today I can't bear to lose it all with some spacky, inadvertent, hand gesture so I keep publishing as I go along putting it all out of synch.

Last thought for today to make you laugh ...

Long, religious discussion at dinner the other night, instigated by Zoe asking 'If Jesus is a Jew, how come Jews don't believe in him ?' The family are staunch Catholic (makes sense with 6 kids I suppose) who stop short of actually going to church. After much explanation & clarification by Trish, the youngest Genevieve asks ...

"Mummy - am I a Joom or a Christis ?"

Priceless.

ttfn

Cx

Q - could you please show the folks Slurp & Tea Bag basking in the sun ?

No comments: