Sunday, June 08, 2003

Some quickies ...

Mum - Wonderful aid parcel, exactly the talking books I would have chosen for myself.
(Gerald Durrell - My Family & Other Animals, Alan Bennet - Talking Heads, Frances Hodgson - The Secret Garden -
'wheel me to the window papa')
Very, very generous, love you.

Cocky - Am planning (funds withstanding) to fly to Oz to see a Rugby World Cup game in Oct/Nov
Which game is Garth going to see ? What date ? Maybe I can hook up with him for a day or 2 ?
Also, I dreamt about you rescuing me from a job seige last night ?
I gave Barley a flat football which I had written a help note on. She brought you the football
& you instigated the rescue. Guess who was holding me hostage ? Only the baddest DI ever ...'Burnside'
Your dreams are supposed to mean something - right ? I just remember you watching that flasher
in Alexandra Park & saying to me 'Do you know - I should arrest him, but what would I do with Harry ?'
What's the story with Nicki at the yard ? Any gossip to go with the resignation ?
Does that mean there will be a neddy 'management' job for me when I come back ?
Where is she going now etc etc ?
Wil send you long e-mail soon full of very boring (for everyone else) neddy stories.

Q - Not sure about the new colours on H ? Is it a temporary change to reflect down-beat night-duty ?
Thanks for proxy Blog whilst I was playing United Nations, don't like leaving the baby with a sitter-
even an experienced 1 like you.
Band was King Kapisi & 'Screems from the old plantation' Listen & report please.

Weeny - Great image - the estate agent must have given them the fastest tour ever.
Could have been worse - think Pam Hoad. Does Tarmac cut a 'T' instead of a 'Z' ?

Lindsay - You would have been so impressed - I didn't mention the Falklands all weekend & even resisted the
urge to wear my most jingoistic belt in her company. Have been invited out on the boat by Chris
to do a spot of sea-fishing during some 'down-time' Ha.

Dave Farr - The amount of restranit required for a load directly against the headboard is 1x the weight of the load.
For anything not touching the headboard it is 2x.
For anything over the height of the headboard 1.5x.
The restraint is only as good as the lowest value of the fixing point it is anchored to.
By & large, rope rails are only any good for anchoring tarpaulins.
There are only 8 State Highways in South Island, the junctions game would be over very quickly.
Any applications on the go at the mo ?

Creaky - You were also in the dream in which Cocky rescued me. You were trying to wipe my help-note off the ball
& generally not helping much (no change there then) How's Kilburn junior's travels going ?

Di - Cuddle the mogs for me. Most recent Hallmark of felinity brought you & Jeeeeefffrey to mind.
How are my window boxes ?
Have they grown ? Are you dead-heading them ? Are you feeding them ?
Are you only watering when the soil is dry ?
Please send foties via e-mail.
Please tell me how to send foties via e-mail.
After much thought I would like my bedroom blue & white please. Mostly white with touches of blue.
I especially like the very girly, old-fashioned, floral wallpapers with tiny, often repeated sprigs of blue
flowers (like the very cute Laura Ashley sleep-wear I brought here)
Very pale, cream carpet.
You have 49 weeks left so best you get cracking - cheers.
Will e-mail you in next couple of days with more spec.
How's the study ? Have you got a board date yet ?

Ange - Glad the work-move is sorted. Keep an eye on Inch High Private Eye, he's got testicles after all.
Try electrifying your window-boxes by rigging them to the mains, that will teach the TPB's.
Also - 'a hint of attraction ' ? Are you for real - did you not read the description ?
'I'm not being funny'

JFP - Any joy on the application for Plod ?
Are you doing the OS ?
Are you showing units CS/95 ?
Are you assigning direct instead of 'Any unit ?'
Are you keeping the Tartan Tannoy away from the cameras on Fridays & Saturdays ?
Are you & the rock spider on/off/in-between/married ?
Are you looking after Q ?

Lovely Col - Which is more tiring ?
Being back out, driving a huge car very fast & dealing with the pubic.
Being in & speaking to Q.

Stu - Have you brought down the Met yet ?
Is the Daily Mail camped outside Tanhurst Cottages ?
Please give the herd a love.

Trudes - How goes the shooting ?
Any gossip from the cast of Eastenders in Cyprus ?
'How do you do that - walk upright & breathe at the same time like that ?
Has M.Damp-Jeans foreseen my millionaire farmer yet ?

Ok you lot, that's your lot for now.
Off to beesies for me.
30 mins of talking book.
Good to be back.

D-team - enjoy your 5 days off.

Take care,

Sleepy in Seddon x

No comments: