Thursday, May 01, 2003


Clare went on to say that the Redwoods are keen for me to take my Class 2 HGV license as soon as I arrive.
This will mean I can drive a horse-box which takes 6 neddies ! This has to be the 2nd best bit of news after finding out I can take BM (Barley Marley) They are apparently going to buy this lorry shortly & have said they will pay for me to take the HGV. They wanted Clare to do it but because she has only been driving for a year she was ineligible for it.

I cannot believe my luck, I have always wanted to drive big lorries (yes Di, I know, I am really a bloke) eat your heart out Dave Farr (lovely PC at VK who quit lorry-driving to join the police, never could understand it myself)

Clare went on to say that she has really enjoyed working for the Redwoods, they are a very laid-back family & she thinks I will really enjoy myself. She said the kids were very successful at competitions but neither parent rides. Dad doesn't take much interest in the neddies & is more into the farm, but Mum is very knowledgable

The other bit of good news was that the Redwoods have had trainees (that's me) who have brought their dogs before.
They have always allowed them to have their dogs indoors althought the 2 farm curs live outside.

So, always assuming cost is not prohibitive, (received a quote for £1,200 the other day, she can come with me)
Stuart wondered if BM had asked for the quote herself & requested Concorde outbound & QE2 home-ward ?

No comments: