Wednesday, May 14, 2003

Just back from Epsom.

Met Cocky at the stables for a crash-course in plaiting manes & tails.

Snippet was none too impresssed at having girls fussing over him whilst he was waiting for his meal.

Boney M merrily ate Snippet's poo whilst we fussed over the neddy.

How convenient when one of your animals eats the other's deposits. Just need to sort out what Harry & Garth are going to eat now.

Snippet looks in terrific form at the moment, he is a glowing advert for horses who live out all the time.

Linda's sound advice when we were saying goodbye was

'You will be very lonely for 2 weeks then you'll have a great time'

I hope she's right.

Then onto Wilkinsons in Epsom for a case (Thanks for the tip, Col) I bought a much bigger one for the princely sum of ?23.99

Now back home & about to make a cup of tea before I start ironing & packing.

And Breathe get on ‘ Tinternet and blog ‘


Have just finished ironing 16 t-shirts & a dreadful thought occurred to me. It's a tragedy, it's a disaster - I can't go.

My newly bought BLUE suitcase will not match my previously bought GREEN vanity case.

It's all off.

I listened to a play on Radio 4 whilst ironing.

It was about a woman who becomes obsessed with her diary & stops interacting with her real friends in order to spend time writing in her diary.

Was it a warning for me ?

Will I stop speaking to real people to Blog ?

What's wrong with that I hear Q ask ? ( ED – Too Bloody right )



Back to ironing/packing.

I have charged the battery for the camera.

I have inserted the memory card.

I have even taken some pictures of the mogs & the chaos that was ironing & packing.

I have absolutely no idea how to put them on Blog, because I havent had time to read the destructions.

( Ed - Have you installed the software of the CD that came with the camera , that might help quite a bit I feel - Pleeeeeeeeease let us have pics to show us how Cx can take pics on new camera pressie from your chums )


Thought I would show this to those of you who would appreciate it. It's Bill's latest E-mail.
Excuse Bill's typing, his brain works faster than his fingers !

Cx


"quick thought.. if you find one you like you can have it set by in the duty free section at heathrow and pay less and also have 12 hours to work out ow it works or secondly be brave and buy one in singapore but a lady in a camera shop yesterday mentioned you might find you warrantly olny useful as emergency absorbent paper.. also it may have lots of words in Nipponese.. just a thougth

Well time is flying by eh.. think what you have accomplished so far and what you will go on to achive , i have my usual 44 min journey home by plane tonight i am getting used to it now , get a free buscuit and the company of some huge maori woman in half my seat. i can speak quite a few words now , tena catore cartora.. greetings.... kiaora (keya orah) hi/bye/yes/no/cheers/maybe/ monday/ gorrilla in fact quite a lot of meanings for that one i understand we went out topping cars last week and i hoicked some big bro' (maori) from his car and he did not understand me , tlaking too quick still!! Asked me if i spoke maori and i said i could do the Haka if it helped !! anyway he turned to the car and said to his equally bro like mates something in maori and they all relaxed.. can only thing it was something like this fool is from england dont worry , put your guns down and carry on taking your drugs... all very menacing but by law there is no requirement for a person to speak to you in english !! maori is a recognised second official language .. thank god aukland is full of chinese/koreans

Well time to sign off.. i could not open any of the attachments that queenie sent me as i have some sort of default on it but i did see the blog one's

enjoy your last few days and i l mail you monday

billy x "


Have done as much as I can do for 1 night & am pooped.
Now waiting up for Di who has had a polacc this evening, ( ED _ GIVE HER A HUG FROM US )she says she's not injured, but she sounded upset on the phone so I want to wait up to make sure she's ok.
'Michael Buerke's '999 Lifesavers' is on as I type. 1 of the emergencies tonight is apparently a 'Dressage test which goes horribly wrong'
Don't know I should be watching it really.

I spoke with my mum for an hour this evening. Still very calm, think it's harder to be the one that's left, than the one that's going.

I then rang NZ & spoke with Trish Redwood who is going to be my new 'family'. She was very pleasant but I can see why June said she was blunt. I rang at 22.30, which is 09.30 there so I expected her to be up & about. When she answered she sounded a little groggy so I immediately apologised & asked if I had woken her up ? I think she must have been offended because she said 'No - it's 9.30 here you know'. Ooops

I have managed to set the time & date on the camera but am too knackered to even contemplate loading a CD to learn how to download the piccies. I will take a look tomorrow morning. Honest.

1 more sleep to go. Tick tock.

STOP PRESS

Queenie & Maria are planning annual for a month from the 18 Dec to 18 Jan.
Guess where ?
At least if I haven't worked out my camera by then I will only have to wait 7 months !
It's fantastic news.
Colin has asked if I can hide his passport once he arrives.







No comments: