Thursday, May 01, 2003


A nice man just knocked at my door and gave me a package containing my passport.

IT HAS A VISA INSIDE IT !! :-)

I CAN NOW BOOK A FLIGHT !!! :-)

I have just sent out the party invite, artwork courtesy D.Herrett (available for weddings, barmitzvahs etc)

I also spoke with Clare this morning. She is the girl I am replacing. After trying every possible permutation of +64 which is the dialling code for NZ I finally conceded defeat & rang the international operator. (Perhaps I should have tried that yesterday, Bill ?) It appears that if it is a UK phone you just ring the no. with no prefixes. Duh !

She has told me my average day will be as follows ...

Up at 7.30, help 4 kids to catch the 8.30 bus (how hard can that be ??? )

The 2 eldest are at boarding school & are seldom seen (triple hurrah !)

Catching, feeding, riding & lungeing neddies until 12 (lungeing is when they run round & round in a circle on a rope)

12pm - 4pm My time ... Clare says she often goes into town. (Seddon) They are fine to let you use their cars.

4pm - 8pm Allsorts - could be tractor work :-) Could be rounding up stock (that's what us farmer-types call sheep & cattle now)
Could be teaching kids to ride, especially dressage which they apparently hate
' Legs, legs, PACK IT IN !!!! ' etc

8pm Kids go to bed. Are you taking note Cocky ?

Will save this now, for some reason Blog only lets me publish ickle chunks.

No comments: