Monday, May 19, 2003

Ooooooonly me !

God - I'm knackered.

Arrived here today at about 3pm after a 4 hour drive from Rangiora in Canterbury.

Rangiora , ( There are several possible meanings - good weather after a bad spell ; an invalid getting better ; or a day of peace. It is also the name of a shrub) has a population of 8,500 and is only 30 minutes drive north of Christchurch, enjoying a smog-free atmosphere and rivalling Nelson for sunshine hours. It is the nucleus of a prosperous agricultural, horticultural and fruit-growing area, including racing stables boasting many famous horse names.


KA-PAKIHI-WHAKATEKA-TEKA-A-WAITAHA
( THE CANTERBURY PLAINS )

ka; the ; pakihi ; open grass country ;whakatekateka, seedbed ;a Waitaha , of waitaha , a tribe.

The place where the Waitaha people increased and grew



I felt pretty good on Saturday & Sunday but have to admit the lag is catching up with me now -
or was that dinner with 4 kids ?

Apologies if any of you have sent txs which havent been replied to but my phone died on Sat night
& the adaptors I have are no good, cos they are roundy-2-pin Continental types & here they have flat, slanty, 3 pin types.
Hope to borrow an adaptor tomorrow, so if I have ignored a tx then I havent really.

Just a brief entry now to say I am ok cos I really need some sleep, it's 9pm now & I have been awake since 4am.

I will do a full Blog tomorrow giving details of what has been going on since Saturday.
Suffice to say the welcome has been warm & the weather cold.

Stu, huge big good luck for Tuesday. You don't need it but I am keeping everything crossed.
Just remember, if you don't know the answer, give 'em an SO7 reply & claim you are 'too busy to do that'

Q - great to arrive & have your host say 'Hi, there has been a phone call for you already'

Turbo - thanks for the pep-talk, doesn't feel so much like wing-walking as hanging to the under-carriage !

Until tomorrow

Cx


No comments: