Friday, May 16, 2003


Hello from Singapore ! 1134am for you guys 7 hours later here.

I am so pleased I am wearing jeans, thick socks & walking boots, it's 32 degrees here, that's 89 in old money.

Singapore airport is beautiful, potted orchids everywhere & an internet cafe that you can actually sit down in rather than standing to type a la Heathrow.

I cannot recommend Singapore Airlines highly enough. I have always dreaded flying cattle class ever since flying back from New York Business Class

(did I ever mention I went to New York ?)

But all fears were groundless. Wendy, the following detail is for you, cos about now, you will be bored & reading Blog, the rest can skip it.

Individual video screens, 29 blockbuster movies including Gangs of New York, About Schmidt, Maid in Manhattan & loads of others I am too excited to remember.

Nintendo games, including Super Mario golf woo-hoo !

A spare seat between me & William. William is my 1st new friend. He was very chatty. Must be something to do with the name.

Trudes, you would have been in heaven - purple tartan blankets (nicer than they sound) Lilac pillows (gutted cos I bought an inflatable 1 in heathrow for 6.99)

Lavender seats. Every couple of minutes a stunningly beautiful stewardess brought me someithing I didn't realise I wanted until I had it.

Lemon scented heated towel ? Facial spritzer ? Ickle bag of Bombay mix ? Complimentary drinks (haven't partaken yet-don't want to get onto the habit of becoming a solitary drinker just yet !) Nothing was too much trouble for these 'lovely ladies'

My viewing consisted of The Two Towers (watched the fight scenes twice - calm down Turbo) then Mr Titchmarsh to calm me down again & finally 'Shot-savers' with Nick Faldo cos I am not allowed to watch sport at home (joke) Hello Jeffrey Heeeeerreeeeet & aoooooah.

The woman in front of me 'Bangle Woman' cos she wore excessive amounts of jewellery, talked incessantly but there is a god because when the steward was reaching my rucksack to get my purse from the overhead locker her clonked her on the swede with my camera bag.

Was I the only passenger to shout 'Mind the camera ?' Only 15 mins left, please excuse any blah, mind is racing.

I have just txtd Stu to find out how BM got on at the vets with her blood test - he is STILL waiting for what was meant to be a 10.05 appt.

That's no joke with B cos she shakes like a leaf & gets very sweaty paws at the vets, so the waiting room will be awash by now.

Thanks for waiting with me yesterday Stu, you were a godsend. Eternally patient whilst I repeated my mantra 'tickets, passport, camera, money'.

Right, I am off to see which gate my next flight leaves from, I have about 2 hours to kill to am going to see how much these places charge for a shower & massage.

Q - we landed over Singapore to the strains of Kenny G's 'Songbird' 'Nice ... smooooth ' 'Jazz'

God it's hot, like Blackpool but more sultry. 'Come in children - IT'S SPITTING'

Cx

No comments: