Thursday, May 15, 2003

Remember when you were 16 & just had to have the latest drainpipe jeans ?

You had to lay on the floor, breathe in & use a coathanger through the zip in order to get them on.

The whole day was spent wondering if the zip would give way & how much irrepairable damage you were doing to your organs.

Closing my case was like that.

I have a small Kiwi on a keyring which I was planning on attaching to my case so I would recognise it on the carousel.
I don't think I'll need to bother - mine will be the one which has spilt it's guts.

If it gets all the way there without breaking I will be v.impressed.

This will be my last post on this side of the hemisphere so I wanted to tell you something that one of my guests at my BBQ said.
They said how lucky I was to have such a 'top bunch of friends who so obviously care about me'
I couldn't agree more. It's like most things I suppose, you don't realise how great until you say goodbye.

I have friends who know every single move I have made, we are always right up to speed with each other.

I have friends who I don't see from 1 month to the next but the bond never lessens.

I have friends who I know I bore rigid with any talk about 'personal stuff' but we enjoy each other's company nonetheless.

I have friends whose advice I ask when I want them to say what I thought anyway.

I have friends who tell me the truth whether I want to hear it or not


eg 'Did you know you are more likely to be killed by a terrorist than to marry happily after 35 ?'

I'll let you decide which category you fall into - nothing like a bit of controversy.

These last few months have been very difficult & I am very grateful to each & every one of you who have supported me, encouraged me, sympathised with me or generally kicked me up the ass.

I am very proud of what I have achieved since February but the truth is I don't know if I could have managed it without you.

Hasta la vista.

Speak to you from the other side.

Cx




' The graft has started '


This is a pose that you will have to imagine Cx adopting over the next couple of month's , Kids are grafted to their water bottles from birth in NZ , a litle bit of ' Kiwiana ' 4 Ya . Ask Bill , 'Pump' is like the face huggers in Alien it graft's itself to all R/Hands.....

No comments: