Saturday, July 26, 2003

Afternoon,

If only every day were like Saturday.

Peace & quiet until 14.30

Got up at 0800, leisurely breakfast, took dogs out.

Waited for call from Cocky, gave up, went out, got a message to
say she rang straight after I went out.

Helped Mike feeding cattle, most of them went away to the works
on Thursday so it's the most stripped I have seen the farm since I got here.

Oddly enough, haven't fancied playing 'Happy Families' so have spent the
afternoon ensconced on the pooter as you will all find out when you
see your in-boxes.

In an hour I leave for Mal's & some pleasant company.

Tonight is a big-deal to the rugby-loving Kiwis.

The Bledisloe Cup is a game between NZ & Aus.

It has a history of fierce rivalry & bad blood.

Bit like the Calcutta Cup.

NZ were expecting to win it as they have just handsomely stuffed
the Springboks which felt good to them after being drubbed at the
hands of the Old Country.

The Kiwis netball team has also just had a surprise win against
Australia in the World Cup. Trish took great pleasure in telling me the
Kiwis had thrashed England on the way to the final.

I resisted the urge to tell her that about 2.3% of the world's population
gives a toss about netball.

Then the Ozzies beat NZ emphatically in league last night.

Different code I know but it sets up tonight as a nail-biter.

Speaking of which, I have bitten all mine.

I last bit them when I was 21.

That's easily 5 years ago :-)

Cx

No comments: