Sunday, July 20, 2003

Urban warfare.

All kids back today.

Back to picking up & puttng away & nagging for me.

Very draining to ask for everything not once, not twice but often 3 or 4 times.

Thank goodness the holidays are over.

Sent lots of e-mails (mostly whinging)

Cleaned the kitchen 34 times.

Or at least it felt like it.

Innes decided to ice all horizontal surfaces.

He says he was icing cupcakes but I don't believe him.

He went on to make bombs from baking soda & vinegar.

He looked surprised when I suggested it was an outdoor activity.

I suppose I will sound old-fashioned now when I say that even without
a puppy & a pony & access to a farm I didn't spend a minute indoors.
My Mum would vouch for that, come the school hols we
disappeared all day, frequently not returning for lunch in case we got collared
to 'do jobs' We turned up again as it got dark .

The weather here has been glorious for the last 3 days & is due to continue.
The kids have baked, watched tv & played on the computer.

Can't understand it ?

Chris & Trish due back in 2 hours, looking forward to handing the reins over.

6 months on & I tried sleeping in the middle of the bed last night.

Didn't like it & moved back to the right after 10 minutes.

Sleep tight you lot, whichever side you are on.

Cx




No comments: