Friday, July 18, 2003

Another contender for 'best day yet'

Azure skies, warm sunshine & playing with dangerous machinery.

I will mostly let the pictures tell the story as there have been lots of words over the
past few days.

Took Chum & Don around the cross-country-course today.

Tried some timed shots of us all with varying degrees of success


Gorgeous



Found a little something to keep the sweaties happy


Fissel - I am getting good now Kirsten - Hope you Like



My artistic work was interrupted by Mal & truck.
I jokingly asked him if he was aware he was towing a sheep ?
He replied 'Yes'


Extreme sports for sheep



Extreme sports for sheep



Headed back to the cattle yards, past the now empty pig pen to
take some shots of one of the tractors.


Ma' New Fwiend Trakka




Fed the old-timers,


Horace (right) & Kestrel (left)




My day ended with Mike asking me if I would like to drive the 'header'
or combine harvester as we know them.
Does a bear s*** in the woods ?


OH no More big machines


After driving around the lower paddocks & almost hitting a fence I didn't see,
I headed back for the shed where it is stored.
Mike said I could start to reverse it in but he would complete the manoeuvre as it
was a very tight squeeze. It was a rear-wheel steer & quite difficult to
manage as I couldn't reach the floor but I reversed it all the way in 1st go.
I tried to look nonchalant.
I have started a list for Santa, a header is at the top.
Wonder if it will fit down the chimney ?


OH no More big machines


First 2 lambs born today.

A good day.

3 kids get back tonight.

I will leave you with an image I hope doesn't distress too many of you.
I know there has been a lot of death, gloom & carnage in the last few entries
but I promised I would bring bad news as well as good.

All I will say is if you are of a sensitive disposition it's probably
best not to look at the next photo. It's just one of those cruel facts
of nature I am afraid.


I told you if you didn't play with me the wabbit would get it




I was getting in the washing this morning with Chum's help.
I had washed Humpy along with my bedding & placed him
in the washing basket.
Out of the corner of my eye I saw Chum tossing something gleefully in the air.

I think so much of you lot that before launching a rescue I grabbed
the camera to record the act.

Have a good weekend,

love,

Cx

No comments: