Wednesday, July 16, 2003

I am hyped !

Have just come back from T3.

Don't know if it's out in the UK yet so will try not to spoil anything.

Some criticisms.

The guy who plays John Connor is (in my humble opinion) poorly cast.
The kid who played the part was sparky & convincing.
This bloke looks/acts like he eats quiche.

The movie suffers without Linda Hamilton.

It is not as cleanly shot as the 1st 2, which I think were James Cameron movies
(don't know who the director is for this one ?)

However, this is just nit-picking because the film is funnier than the other 2,
loaded with more testosterone & features THE best chase-scene ever.
The female baddie (extremely foxy in head-to-toe oxblood skin-tight leather
& spike-heel boots) gets to drive the best vehicle you can (or at least I can) imagine for the chase sequence. Again, I don't want to spoil anything but think Maggie King on a blues & twos call for the damage quotient.

Arnie, even at 67, still looks ripped & has some very funny one-liners.

Look out for the scene where he obtains his customary head-to-toe black leather outfit.

Having huge difficulty typing as there is a fat cat with attitude on my lap.

I have also had to change my top as he paid me the ultimate compliment by spraying me as I was stroking him. Does that mean I am his bitch ?

The drive home from the film was in Chris's new car.

It is a champagne-gold 3.5, V6 Nissan Maxima & although I don't usually enjoy automatics I have to say I had forgotten the joy of kick-down. It is safe to say it was a spirited journey home.

Speaking of speeding, which of course I wasn't, I got stopped by the plod today.

I was within the speed limit, wearing my seatbelt & feeling quite smug knowing that I even remembered to say 'Yes officer, how may I help you ?' to the traffic cop who flagged me down.

It was a routine check so I was surprised when he informed me that the licence for diesel was 10,000 kms over what it should be. That equated to a $750 fine. I was very, very happy when he said he didn't want to give me the ticket & let me off with a warning. That was even before he asked what I did back home. What a great cop. Good teeth too.

We then chatted for about half an hour, turns out he was from Teeside & settled here about 15 years ago. He was so easy to talk to that I found myself telling him all about Coco, Kestrel, Ginger Tom, the pigs, Jess & the kids. He was in stitches & kept demanding to know if I was making it up. His Inspector came to ask if he was harrassing me & I told him that he was unlawfully detaining me. At the end of the stop he introduced himself as 'Dan - the highway patrol man' & said I can go out in any of the cars for a look-see.

He even stopped all the on-coming traffic so that I could chuck a u-ey & head for home. What a gent.

He has lived in Christchurch, Auckland, Wellington & now Blenheim & concurs with Bill's view of Auckland as a s***-hole. His message for you Bill is to police as far South as you can, but stop before you get to Invercargill, full of stroppy Scots apparently ? His words not mine.

It's nice sometimes to be part of the biggest gang in the world.

Weeny, the next bit is for you, cos I know you worry that I am wasting away here.

This is what I ate today.

Breakfast
2 slices of toast, butter & jam.

Lunch
An apple.
A slice of bread with peanut butter.
A steak & mushroom pasty.

Dinner
1/2 a fruit & nut bar.
Peach slices with cream.

Supper, before movie
KFC chicken popcorn.

Snacks at movies.
Popcorn & coke

I don't know how the apple sneaked in, I can only apologise. I was aiming for an entire day of starch, monosodium glute & sugar & I almost pulled it off.

Time for bed. Took Chris & Trish to the airport today as they decided to watch the last few days of the twins hockey tournament. Also took Genevieve to a friends so I am here completely alone for the 1st time since arriving. The peace & quiet only lasts til Friday when the other 3 kids return from Kowhai but I intend savouring the 1st quiet lie-in I will have had in 8 weeks tomorrow.

Thanks for all the messages about BM. You are a top bunch.

Cx

ps. One for the girls. Drove past the Air Force base tonight & about 20 young things out running in shorts, vests, crew-cuts & very large packs on their backs. Mmmmm.
Young man :)

No comments: