Thursday, April 22, 2004

Back ...

This will probably show as Stan's posting cos I'm on his pooter but it's me - Briggsy.

Stan says I have to start a new Blog now I'm back, can't be bothered with that this evening tho.

What a bizarre last 40 or so hours & only 2 10 minute naps during the whole time.

If I have spoken to you today on the phone/in person & you thought I sounded 'odd', please accept my
apologies, it's exactly how I'm feelling.

My collection plans went a bit awry this morning & I was faced with the prospect of having to load my stuff onto a train/bus.

Huge thanks to Stan, Angie, Trudes, Weeny & finally Turbo who went above & beyond the call of duty, attending from Southampton. He even bought a gorgeous new blue BMW coupe especially for the occasion. Not really, I think he had it before but it was a lovely, unexpected treat (even tho the case had to be put in the boot with a crow bar)



Lots of people offered lifts but, as is the Law of Sod, most of the texts arrived after I was collected, due the signal backlog. Thank you everyone who offered. Much appreciated.

Had a lazy day with Stan, Turbo taking over the baby-sitting once the Big Guy went to bed (he is nights).

I met MTM today. He arrived, unexpectedly, looking very tired after T-bird type stuff, dressed head to toe in black
& bearing a box of ... what else ?
Very surreal. Especially the fact that he knows my shoe size & I know v.little of him.
Another Dukie met, OBA will be a reunion for me too at this rate.

The Uk I looked at from the plane today looked overcrowded, over-developed & bleak.

In close-up it looked dirty & I found the bustling crowds at Heathrow abhorrent.

The accents sound odd on tv.

I feel very isolated, depressed & peculiar. Life here has carried on regardless of my absence & I feel
no part of it.

Looking forward to feeling happier.

A neddy will help, will e-mail Cocky & find out when I can see her at the yard & put my arms around a gee.

For now, plan to ring my Mum & e-mail Bloo to abuse him to cheer myself up.

Got your message Ange, will catch up with you tomorrow.

Cx

Newsflash ! All is not lost, Paxo on Newsnight. Decent tv news coverage. Good stuff.

No comments: