Friday, April 23, 2004

Happy St George's Day, Hadders.



Dreaming of Zealand - edited by Stan


It's 0500 in the morning . I awoke at 0430 with a start, wondering where the hell I was.

So, I have been padding around Stan's, filling in the time til he gets back from nights & can show me ONCE AGAIN, how to download my pics to photobucket. The pooter keeps telling me I am an invalid. Like I didn't know.

I have put some of Stan's upbeat, ambient stuff on to accompany me. I am drinking a cup of Yorkshire tea, thanks for buying the t-bags specially.

Watched Tomb Raider last night. Dreadful isn't it ? But Angelina Jolie must make men everywhere wish they were those hotpants.
And those breasts. More like missiles really.

So, I have been stalking those in NZ, come on Bloo, where's your Thursday entry, I want to hear all about it.

Did I explain that you are not allowed to make any more friends now ?

Did you win anything at the trots ? Did anyone die ? Did you queue for chips & upset the relative of the deceased ?

Whilst MSN'ing Di (aka Marilyn) last night, she disclosed that she had washed & aired my d'gown & bedding so that when I head over Hersham way, they will smell nice. What a honey.

I wanted to tell you about my goodbye with Watties & was a bit rushed to do the entry justice on the day.

I had gone to Trelawney to pack & say my farewells to the humans.

I offered my hand to Murray who said 'Is that all I get ?' & proceeded to give me a bear hug, a kiss & a squeeze of my cheek (facial).
He has insisted I go & say hello when I return for a hol in November.

Hadleigh (k9) was dancing at my feet, desperate to be noticed, as I had not seen him for 2 weeks whilst away camping.

I borrowed the ute & headed down to the paddock to find Watties.

She was dozing, upright, when I entered. One of the fillies she is with is Stormy Alley, who, like Watties was sold at Karaka &
awaits transfer to her new home.

As I cuddled Watties I explained that I wouldn't see her again & that now she had to be a brave bunny & go & earn her money racing.

I really hope she does make it as a racehorse or in some other sports discipline. I think brood mares have a pretty rough time of it, pregnant all but some 10 days of the year, every year must be knackering. Not to mention the frequent arm up your nether regions, checking the progress of the pregnancy.

The feet of the brood mares are allowed to get into a pretty shocking state too, lots of them unable to walk soundly. I stress this is only what I have seen at Trelawney, I don't know if it's commonplace in studs in general.

Whilst I was having loves with Watties, Stormy came over to investigate. Most of the horses will approach a person who comes to the paddock, if only from a curiosity point of view. Watties wasted no time in laying her ears back & warning Stormy that this ws 'her human' & she could go find her own.

She is unrecognisable from the sleek, shiny animal I prepared for Karaka in January. She has filled out & resembles a hairy hearth rug now that her coat has been allowed to grow, rather than being curried off every day. You may remember, Watties was the filly who sliced the back of her nearside foreleg open & was confined for some weeks. Her leg has healed remarkably well, leaving no proud flesh & just a tiny patch of scab with no hair on it.

She walks freely upon the leg & I keep everything crossed that it will not impede her running. Once she has been allocated a race name, I will be able to watch her progress on the internet.

The Easter horses who were sold at Sydney made very good money. The filly I prepared making the most at $670,000.
It was an unexpectedly good price, as our Zabeel filly, Carmel Valley was expected to be our top money-maker.
One of the reasons Procure sold so well, was because her sire is Stravinsky who is particularly
in demand at the moment. Another of his progeny, a colt called out of Sneetch was our Karaka draft sale topper, making $300,000.

Despite this, I did feel it was vindication that I had done something right with her. For the last 3 weeks I was at Trelawney, I was only
allowed to groom this filly as my boss informed me (via a 3rd party, obviously) that he didn't think my currying was up to scratch.
Don't know how I got these biceps then, must have been lifting too many cups of tea ?

I need to get out & do some exercise, I feel very lethargic & stagnant. Now that my foot is improving (thanks for asking Bloo) I
think I will take up running. I would like to keep the level of fitness I have at the minute but am aware it won't last as soon
as I start spending my days parked on my ar$e.

That's enough meanderings for now, going to e-mail Stu & ask when we can catch up.

I am DESPERATE to see Barley.

Watch this space for fotos of the mad spangle.

Cx

Speaking of which, I ought to try photobucket again :(




No comments: