Tuesday, April 27, 2004

It's good to talk ...

Today I have a hot right ear.

Conversations with all of Cedar Lodge, bar Eric who 'got bored' waiting for Bloo to finish & went for a shower.

Then Cocky, chillled as ever, despite being in the middle of a house move. With a bad back. Doing shifts. And
a hyper child. And a dog. And a horse. Oh yes and a husband. Linda, I aspire to your calmness.

Then Turbo, Stu & Stan. Oh & MSN with Bloo & Darsha. (& Stan again)

Almost as if people are checking up on me.


Today, I can see the carpet in my room. Remember those toys which if you tilted them for long enough
in different directions,all the tiny ball-bearings would sit in holes around the edges ? That's how my room
looks. As if a large person has gently shaken all the contents until they stuck to the walls.

I packed lots of things away in the loft to make more space & decided that work clothes aside, if I have
done without certain clothes for a year, I can do without them permanently. I will visit the charity
shop to see if they think beige is in high demand. I like green now.

On which point, Di showed me her holiday clothes yesterday. In a share-and-share alike moment, I showed
her 2 of the 'surprisingly girly' tops I bought in NZ.

'They're beautiful' she said, 'especially this one...' pointing to the asymetric, black & white sheer swirly one
I am wearing in the 'gwapple me gwapenuts' foto.

'Who went with you to choose it ... ?'

Hmmm.

I found a pair of sunglasses in the loft today, which I bought BNZ planning on taking them with me.
I obviously forgot them but have decided to wear them lots for the next few weeks.
They are pink. Rose-tinted some might say.

It has poured it down all afternoon today. Very cold, inhospitable rain.

I think it looks worse here because rain on pavements just looks worse than rain on paddocks.

Cx

ps. Thanks for all the 'you'll be ok at work messages'. The one that made me laugh most was
'you'll be crap for quite a while, don't worry, I never do'



No comments: