Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Name: The Naughty Milkmaid / Darsha aka Bx



Bx & The Girl's


1. Favourite colour: Purple and blue

2. Favourite movie: I can't narrow it down to just one movie, but you know I'm going to say an Adam Sandler movie, The Waterboy. Also Remember the Titans, Lion King, Braindead, Bad Boys II, Sixth sense & Titanic.

3. Favourite animal: My cat Darsha, and my pet cows Bella, Phoebe, Pixie, Weezer and 62 (not decided on the name for her yet, but Pain in the arse, Ow don't do that, stop it! come to mind)

4. Favourite book: Hmm books are a little harder. I'd have to say Red Dragon / Silence of the Lambs because they are way scarier than the movies, The Power of One & Tandia both by Bryce Courtney and the Collins pocket Thesaurus because it helps me sound smarter than I really am.

5. Favourite passage from Q4A (if you don't have one, lie): Well to be honest I have yet to read anything earlier than New Year (I will get around to it promise!) but without a doubt the speaking Kiwi lessons, especially the yeahno one.

6. Favourite photo from Q4A (ditto): the one Stan picked, the trees in the mist.



7. Favourite smell: What? You're weird Briggsy. Well its definitely not cow poopies. I guess nice baking foodie type smells are always good, not that I hardly ever bake, but also girlie fruity bath products are always good, and freshly washed boy. Not stinky stink boy.

8. Most essential quality in a friend: Loyalty without a doubt.

9. Most desirable quality in a partner: RESPECT. Someone taller than me would be nice, also a nice smile, funny, someone who'll let me be independent, etc etc I could go on forever.

10. Most embarrassing moment. Hmmm I tend to shut them out but walking off with a policeman instead of my dad when I was 6 rates up there. They had the same shoes on alright!

11. Proudest achievement, conquering my fear of public speaking by making a complete arse of myself. And my I-really-shouldn't-be-proud-of-it-but-I-am-in-an-embarrassing-way moment, drinking 24 bottles of beer in one night when I was *cough* attending university. This still stands as a hostel female record. Yes I know it was stupid but damn it was fun at the time, certainly not during the next 2 days.

12. Saddest memory: holding my grandfathers hand when he died.

13. Happiest memory: um winning the All Breeds class at a cow show with MY cow for the third year in a row.



Darsha's Cow


14. Hero - my parents. Now I'm an adult (well at least people tell me I am) I realise what a great job they did raising me. All that time they spent making sure I had good manners, was polite, cared about others and knew what respect was, wasn't wasted on me. I see others who lack these qualities and appreciate them even more.

15. Buried, cremated? Cremated because there is not enough space in this world for everyone to be buried, and I'd hate to be a waste of space. I don't know where my final resting place will be, I haven't found a place I am truly in love with yet. Many have come close but are not quite right.




Tuesday 6th April 1655
Location : Taupo Bay Campsite. Propped against wheel of car, eating sweeties.
390km


Arrived Taupo Bay, en route Kaitaia. Just returned from the nearest place to eat, which is Monganui, some 13km away. I have been listening to The War of the Worlds on CD (thanks Bill) which is fantastic. I had forgotten how scary the noises were. If you have it, dig it out. The Martians 'Ulla' when they destroy something, scares me as much now ,as it did when I first heard this, all those years ago.

This campsite is more remote than the one in Paihia, aside from the mower, all I can hear is birdsong.



This morning I had a leisurely pack up in Paihia, attempted to sunbathe on the beach (bit cold & blowy). Have booked the 24 hour cruise on board 'The Rock' boat for Bloo & I. At $128 with an $11 surcharge for a private room, it seems a bargain.

We met up in the bar of the Scenic Circle last night, then went for a meal. We were both tired & a bit off-form last night & apologised to each other today for being stuck records. Bloo is now doing a dive course for the next few days, so we plan to meet up again on Friday to do the cruise.

I think the enforced activity will do us both good.

I have been reading 'A time to die' the story of the Kursk, which Eric kindly loaned me for my trip. It has been a riveting read. I urge you to read it, even if this kind of book isn't normally your thing. It answers a lot of questions I remember asking at the time. It is written by a journalist who undertook 2 years of research prior to writing. I don't know how accurate it is, all I can say is that it steers clear of emotive language & tells the story with the minimum of fuss in a clear, concise way.

I took some gorgeous shots of Taupo Bay today. Words like 'magnificent' are starting to lose their meaning. I am trying to cram these memories away to sustain me when I return.



Taupo Bay. 'Stop shoving everyone ...'




Leave only footprints


Think I will head off tomorrow though, still bound for Kaitaia which appears to be a sizable town, lovely as it is here, there is not a great deal to do.

Cx


No comments: